Thank you for choosing Norebase! We are committed to providing you with the best possible services and walking you through your business set-up and expansions.
We value the privacy of your personal information and recognize that you have the right to protect and secure that data.
If you don’t understand a section of our policy or have any questions about our policy might apply to you, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ensure that you understand what personal data we collect about you, the reasons why we collect and use it, and who we share it with;
- Explain the way we use the personal data that you share with us in order to give you a great experience when you are using the Services; and
- Explain your rights and choices in relation to the personal data we collect and process about you and how we will protect your privacy.
We hope this helps you to understand our privacy commitments to you.
The Legality of Users to Access Services
Our Services generally require users to be at least 18 years of age. Our services may allow users above the age of 18 (such as healthcare providers, parents, and guardians) to submit personal information on behalf of minors. Such users assume full responsibility for their submission, use, and transmission of such information.
Information We Collect
A. Personal Information
We collect personal information required for the particular Service selected on our Sites in order to: (i) carry out the Services ordered by the User; (ii) fulfill the legal obligations and all anti-money laundering policies in the jurisdiction; (iii) communicate any updates and progress in the Services ordered on the platform. This information includes your name, address, age, ID documents (International Passport), phone number, email address, etc.
B. Information You Provide Directly Through Our Services
We, and service providers and partners working on our behalf, will collect any information that you choose to provide directly through our Services. For example, such information may be collected when you:
- Register for an account or other content access.
- Register to receive an email newsletter.
- Email, text, or otherwise share content provided via our Services.
- Contact us with a message.
- Make a purchase from us.
- Generate, post, upload, or otherwise submit to our Services user-generated materials.
- Register for one of our events or contests.
- Apply for a job, internship, or fellowship with the Company.
- Participate in a survey.
We also may ask you (especially via mail from email@example.com) to provide other information about yourself for various other purposes that we specify or make apparent at the time of collection.
C. Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
We, our service providers, and our vendors and partners working on our behalf automatically collect certain information about your computer or device and your interactions with our Services through certain tracking technologies. Depending on which Services you use and how you access them, the information collected automatically may include:
- Your navigation path through the Services.
- Information about your interactions with our email messages, such as links clicked on and whether messages were opened or forwarded.
- Any error you encountered during your use of the Services.
This information helps us improve our Service and to deliver better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- store information about your preferences, allowing you to customize your Services according to your individual interests.
- speed up your searches.
- recognize users when they return to use our Services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
The information so gathered through cookies may include:
- the date and time when you access our Website;
- the Website pages that you view and any download that you may make through such pages;
- whether or not such viewing or download is successful;
- the internet address of the Website or the domain name of the computer or device from which you access our Website;
- the operating system of the machine running your web browser; and the type and version of your web browser.
Kindly note that you may reject all or certain cookies that are used by our Website and you may also modify your web browser preferences to do so. Nevertheless, kindly note that if you reject all cookies, you might be unable to use some of the services available on our Website. Moreover, kindly note that you may set your browser in a certain way in order to be notified when you receive a cookie so that you have the option to choose whether to accept the cookie or not. In this regard, you should note that if you do so, this may materially distort the quality of service and data you receive. Thus, you would be doing this at your own risk.
How We Use the Data We Collect
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information of you or any other person whose authority you have to provide for the provision of the Services:
- To present the Services and their contents to our users.
- To provide us with information, products, or services that users request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose users intend it.
- To provide users with notices about their accounts or subscriptions, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out your obligations and to enforce your rights arising from any contracts entered into between us and our users, including for billing and collection.
- To notify users about changes to the Services or any products offered or provided to users.
- To allow users to participate in interactive features available on our Services.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We May Disclose Your Information
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, i.e. to carry out the Service you requested.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Norebase, our customers, or others.
We keep your personal information only as long as necessary to provide you with the Norebase Services and for legitimate and essential business purposes, such as maintaining the performance of the Norebase Services, making data-driven business decisions about new features and offerings, complying with our legal obligations, and resolving disputes. We keep some of your personal information for as long as you are a user of Norebase Services.
If you request, we will delete or anonymize your personal information so that it no longer identifies you, unless we are legally allowed or required to maintain certain personal information, including situations such as the following:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your accounts, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute we will retain the necessary personal information until the issue is resolved;
- Where we need to retain the personal information for our legal, tax, audit, and accounting obligations, we will keep the necessary personal information for the period required by applicable law; and/or,
- Where necessary for our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention or to maintain the security of our users.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Third-Party Links, Sites, and Services
Our Services contain links to other sites, applications, platforms, and services operated by third parties whose privacy policies we don't control and may differ significantly from ours. For instance, clicking or tapping on a sponsorship credit or some third-party logos on Norebase Services will take you to an entirely different site or service that may collect, use and share information in ways that Norebase would not. You also may access Norebase content and the Norebase Services from a third-party site or service that may collect, use and share information in ways that Norebase would not. Norebase is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of these third-party services and we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the privacy policies of any such sites or services you visit or access.
Compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Norebase provides services to clients from across the world. Consequently, we will like to confirm to you that as an EU citizen, your privacy rights under the GDPR are fully protected by your use of Norebase Sites. Any information containing personal data shall be handled in accordance with all applicable privacy laws and regulations, including without limitation to the GDPR and equivalent laws and rules. If for the performance of the Services, it is necessary to exchange personal data, Norebase shall ensure that the use of your data by authorised vendors and partners shall be in compliance with the GDPR.
Updates To This Policy
Last updated August 23, 2022